Nature's Wisdom Wellness Inc.
(Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
Because there are no biological markers, the diagnosis of ADHD is based on 9 symptoms of inattention and 8 symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity listed in the DSM IV. A key assumption of the DSM IV is that ADHD occurs in the individual, which implies that the fault lies within the individual. This focus on the individual can inadvertently exclude a thorough search for environmental factors that may be causing symptoms.
Symptoms of inattention
- Failure to give close attention to detail.
- Difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play.
- Often not listening when spoken to.
- Often not following through on instructions and failure to finish tasks.
- Difficulty in organizing tasks and activities.
- Avoiding, disliking, or being reluctant to engage in tasks requiring sustained mental effort.
- Often losing things necessary for a task.
- Easily distracted.
- Forgetful in everyday activities.
- Symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity
- Fidgets with hands or feet, squirms in seat.
- Leaves seat when remaining in seat is the expectation.
- Runs about or climbs excessively or inappropriately.
- Often "on the go".
- Talks excessively.
- Blurts out answers before the question is completed.
- Difficulty waiting turn.
- Interrupts or intrudes on others.
The defining of ADHD as a neurological defect blunts our understanding of the social nature of human life and excludes the possibility of environmental factors such as toxins, food intolerances and nutritional deficiencies. Despite vigorous investigation to establish ADHD as a neurological deficit no concrete evidence has been discovered. Medical treatment focuses on symptom suppression with medications. As there is no known cure, we are now being told that this "disease" may well continue through life, requiring lifetime medication.
It has been proven that symptoms of inattention and hyperactivity can cluster in certain individuals; it has also been proven that there are many factors that can cause these symptoms. It has not been proven that these symptom stem from a neurologic deficit. So if we stick with what we know "symptoms of inattention and hyperactivity can cluster in certain individuals" and "there are diverse causes of these symptoms" then we have a bright opportunity to help with natural remedies
1. Omega-3 fatty acid deficiency: has been associated with behavioral & neurological dysfunction.
2. Sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption: It has been established that sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption depletes the body of essential minerals and vitamins as well as cause
3. Parasites: Parasites are known to cause symptoms such as itchy anus, thrashing in bed, grinding of teeth, trouble falling asleep, not resting well, and food cravings. Parasites are very common and can be difficult to detect.s blood sugar fluctuation.
4. Vitamin B deficiency syndrome: has been called the greatest nutritional deficiency in America and is characterized by fatigue, indigestion, craving for sweets, nerve pain, muscle soreness, headache, insomnia, dizziness, nervousness, instability, forgetfulness, vague fears, uneasiness, rage, hostility, depression, anxiety and apprehension.
5. Environmental factors: heavy metal burden, food sensitivities and allergies.
6.Social factors: family situation, teachers, study curriculum, and children or adults who invalidate your child.
7. Nighttime brain edema: some researchers found that laying flat can increase fluid around the brain contributing to ADHD symptoms including headaches; sleeping flat can also contribute to acid reflux and sleep apnea.
8. Magnesium deficiency: Magnesium has been called the calming mineral. Symptoms of magnesium deficiency may include agitation and anxiety, headaches,difficulty swallowing, twitches, chest tightness, fatigue, restless leg syndrome (RLS), sleep disorders, irritability, nausea and vomiting, abnormal heart rhythms, low blood pressure, confusion, muscle spasm and weakness, hyperventilation,insomnia, poor nail growth, and even seizures.
To have a custom program created for you call 401 596-5700.
Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Nature's Wisdom Wellness Center Inc products & services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Products and services are intended to support the normal physiological and biochemical process of the human body. Information is provided for educational purposes only and not as prescriptive advice. No guarantee or assurance of any specific result is given or implied. Nature's Wisdom Wellness Center Inc recommends that you consult with a medical doctor before starting, stopping, increasing or decreasing prescription medication. Nature's Wisdom Wellness Center Inc and Standard Process, Inc® are unaffiliated and mutually disclaim any responsibility for each other’s statements or literature. Copyright © 2011 Robert Baritz. All Rights Reserved.
54 High St, Westerly,RI 02891